Wednesday, August 27, 2008

An Breif Introduction

Hello, my name is Chris, but you can call me Unhealthy Truthseeker. Yes, Truthseeker is not an actual word, I know. I coined the term myself. It is my personal philosophy, and refers to an individual who seeks truth at all cost to comfort and stability of world view. If something that I believe is shown to be wrong or at least questionable, I abandon it. Also, yes, I do believe in absolute truth.

I believe that there is a fundamental underlying reality that exists independent of us and our thoughts and observations. Any fact about this absolute reality would be an absolute truth. Now, some question if we can ever know this absolute truth, but that is an epistemological question, not a question of existence.

Personally, I believe that the constantly self-correcting and self-updating scientific method allows us to asymptotically converge upon true reality. Of course, this means that we will never be absolutely sure of just what is absolute reality, but 99.99999999% certainty and even 99.99999999999999999999999999% certainty is possible.

This video offers a deeper insight of my personal beliefs about the nature of truth.

No comments: